Our rules are incredibly important for the welfare of our fish, and our lake. Each angler will be required to read and sign a copy upon booking. Please be aware there are no second chances or warnings. If any member of your booking breaks the rules, we reserve the right to terminate your holiday for the whole group with no compensation or refund.
- Maximum of three rods per angler.
- No braid (except for marker and spod rods).
- No leaders of any description, no knots in main line.
- No leadcore.
- Anti tangle tubing must be used. A minimum of 18 in (45 cm) has to be used on all rods.This helps to prevent their scales from being lifted.
- Bait boats are allowed.
- Minimum 12 lbs main line.
- Microbarbed hooks only.
- No bent hooks.
- Semi fixed lead setups only, lead must drop easily (each angler will be checked during your stay).
- No shelf life boilies, fresh freezer baits only.
- No pellets or nuts. Maximum of 5 kg of particle per angler. Our pellets can be bought at the lake, do not bring your own.
- Carp care antiseptic must be carried by every angler.
- Radios are permitted, please do not have them blaring across the lake.
- No stalking.
- No fishing areas. You may not fish from the Dam wall or behind any roped off areas.
- No sacking of fish. You may keep fish in a retainer for a maximum of fifteen minutes to prepare weighing and camera equipment.
- Do not move fish from the swim area. All weighing and photography must be done within the confines of the swim, alternatively in the water. We will not tolerate fish being carried or moved around up the bank for any reason.
- We provide unhooking mats nets and retainers. Please don't bring your own.
- No rods to be left unattended.
- No drugs, alcohol in moderation.
- No glass beer bottles at your swim. All beer should be in cans at the swims.
- Only wine bottles and cooking sauces etc. are acceptable in glass.
- No litter, this includes cigarette butts. Please use an ashtray and then discard in the bin.
- No fires whatsoever. BBQ only in the social areas provided, not in swims.
- No shouting across the lake.
- No using the banks or surrounding land as a lavatory.
- Please keep the facilities clean during your stay, and as you found them on arrival.
- No dogs.
- Failure to comply with the rules after signing a copy to confirm you understand them will result in the loss of your security/breakages deposit.
- Recycling: there are two different bins provided. Bin 1: Glass cans/tins, plastic bottles/containers, cardboard. Bin 2: General/food waste in bin liners. Do not put waste into bin 2 without a bin liner.